Who doesn't love nachos?! This recipe is a healthy version of the nachos that put guilty in guilty pleasure. Instead of salty chips, we use nutritious sweet potato!
Servings: 2-3 (depending on whether you're snacking off this or having it as a meal)
Prep: 10 min
Total time: 45 minutes
This is what you'll need
1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 Tbsp Olive OIl
- Pepper / Salt
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1.5 - 2 Cups Shredded Cheese
- Any other toppings you may desire :)
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Scrub the sweet potato clean, don't peel it because there is a lot of nutritional value in the skin and the flesh near the skin!
- Cut the sweet potato in to very thin slices:
- Transfer the sweet potato, olive oil, pepper and salt to a large bowl, cover the bowl and shake shake shake!
- Put aluminum foil over a cookie sheet and divide the sweet potato slices evenly over the cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, cut up your toppings. We chose some nacho classics: green and red pepper and jalapenos!
- After 20 minutes in the oven, take the sweet potato chips out, move them closer to the middle and start making sure they are layered just like those good old nachos!
- Add one layer of shredded cheese, then add your toppings, then divide the remaining shredded cheese over your nachos
- Pop it back in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until the cheese on top is entirely melted and then broil for two more minutes if you are in the crunchy cheese camp