Stuffed peppers are easy and absolutely delicious. You can go crazy customizing this recipe because it is really simple! Just choose your own stuffing (we prefer a healthy stuffing, of course) when you make this meal.
Servings: 1 (depending on whether you're snacking off this or having it as a meal)
Prep: 10 min
Total time: 40 minutes
This is what you'll need
1 Red Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Olive OIl
- Pepper / Salt
- 2 Oz Mushrooms
- 1 Cup of Spinach
- 2 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 50g of Chicken (we use leftovers for this! Leave this out if you'd like a vegetarian meal)
- Any other toppings you may desire :)
- Preheat your oven to 400F
- Cut the top off the red pepper and cut out the flesh in the middle. Make sure the seeds are all gone as well because they'll add a bitter spiciness to your stuffed pepper, and you won't like it!
- Drizzle some olive oil in to the pepper and make sure all of the insides are covered. Add pepper and salt and place in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut up the mushrooms, spinach and chicken, and saute it all together with some olive oil over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes.
- When the pepper has spent 20 minutes in the oven, take it out and stuff it with the mushroom/spinach/chicken mixture and add cream cheese cubes throughout. Top with shredded cheese
- Pop it back in to the oven for another 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted all over the pepper and in a consistency you like!
- Enjoy a delicious healthy meal :)